Looking for a shaver that does it all? The Philips QS6140 may just be the perfect choice for you. With the ability to trim, style and shave, the QS6140 makes it easy to create the look you want with just one simple tool. And with a long-lasting battery, you won’t find yourself having to constantly recharge this shaver.
While the QS6140 isn’t perfect, it offers a number of convenient features that make it easy to change your facial hair style frequently.
Philips QS6140 Features
- Trim, style and shave
- Lithium battery
- 50 minute battery life; four hour charge time
- Wet or dry use
- Dual foil shaver
- 32mm adjustable beard and stubble trimmer
- Reversible trimmer
- Beard comb
Philips QS6140 Review
The QS6140 has a number of attractive features, but its three-in-one functionality is the most impressive. With just one tool, you can trim, style and shave to achieve the look you want every time.
- Dual-foil shaver: The dual-foil shaver is perfect for cleaning up the stubble around your beard and your neck. This shaver comes with a trimmer to catch the tougher, longer hairs, while the floating foils ensure that the rest of your face is perfectly smooth.
- Beard and stubble trimmer: The QS6140 also comes with a 32 mm beard and stubble trimmer. To customize your look, the trimmer offers 12 adjustable length settings that range from 0.5 mm to 10 mm. Simply turn the wheel to choose your desired length. The rounded edges of the trimmer are skin-friendly, too, so you won’t have to worry about cuts or nicks.
- Reversible trimmer: Underneath the beard and stubble trimmer is a reversible precision trimmer. This 15 mm trimmer is ideal for reaching small spaces, like around your mouth and underneath your nose. It cuts very close, but will not harm your skin.
We love this shaver because it offers so many options. Whether you want a complete shave or just to trim your beard, the QS6140 lets you do it all with just one product.
You won’t’ have to worry about the blades dulling over time either. As you shave, the steel blades brush up against each other lightly, so they actually sharpen themselves while you trim. And while the blades are always extra sharp, the tips and combs are rounded to protect your skin.
When you’re done, just rinse the shaver under the tap. Clean-up couldn’t be easier.
As far as the battery life goes, the Lithium ion battery in the QS6140 lasts 50 minutes before needing to be recharged. Recharging takes about four hours, but you can do a quick 10 minute charge for 10 minutes of use.
- Versatile – shave, trim and style with one product
- Very easy to clean
- Easy and comfortable to use
- Reversible trimmer allows for precision trimming
- Quick recharge option and generous battery life
- Foil shaver does not cut as close as a razor
While the foil shaver does offer a close shave, it does not get quite as close as a razor. We didn’t feel that this minor hiccup impeded on the shaver’s performance, but rather was a minor inconvenience.
The QS6140 offers versatility, ease of use, precision trimming and a quick recharging time. If you’re in the habit of changing your facial hair style often, having the ability to trim, style and shave with one product is invaluable.Click here to learn more about the Philips QS6140 on Amazon.